- 16-01-1959, Athens -Greece.
- PARSONS SCHOOL OF DESIGN/
- BFA /ILLUSTRATION (1987)
- MFA /PAINTING (1989).
- WORK EXPERIENCE:
- GREEK CULTURAL CENTER, New York, USA /
Art Teacher (1985-1986) Set & Costume Designer (1986-1987)
/Artistic Director (1988-1989).
- HARMER JOHNSON BOOKS & ANTIQUITIES,
New York, USA (1989-1990)
- HELEXPO Set Designer of the 33rd International Song Festival
of Thessalonica (1994).
- KASTALIA/ ANCIENT DRAMA GROUP Set &
Costume Designer (1995 to date)
- NET 2 (National Television of Greece) Set
Designer of “AVLAEA” (A show about the history
of Greek pop music 1993 -1994).
P. Melissinos is currently working as a painter, a set & costume
designer and an interior decorator.
His artwork has been shown in numerous one man and group shows,
as well as on the Internet (LAMBRAKIS FOUNDATION/ internet ART
Site), on TV talk shows ASAHI /Japan, MEGA CHANNEL, ANTENNA, SEVEN
X, NET 1, NET 2. etc. Several magazine and newspaper journalists
have also interviewed him about his artwork (CLICK, FLASH, DIVA,
THE ATHENIAN, ELEUTHEROTYPIA, APOGEUMATINE, MAISON ET DECORATION,
EXODOS, NITRO, PROINE of N.Y., ETHNIKOS KERYX (N.Y.), TA NEA,
TO VEMA etc.).
His paintings can be found in private collections in New York,
Hartford, Ohio, Philadelphia, Boston, London, Tokyo, Paris and
- ONE MAN'S SHOW (selected)
- 2001: Diana Gallery, Athens.
- 1998: Olga Georgantea Gallery, Athens.
- 1992: Tempo 2000 Gallery, Athens.
- 1991: Olga Georgantea Gallery, Athens.
- 1986: Greek Cultural Center, New York.
- GROUP SHOWS (selected)
- 2001: “Art to Use”, DIANA –
YIULIA GALLERY, Athens.
- “Millennium Art Sale 2000”, DIANA –
- YIULIA GALLERY, Athens.
- “Senses, Obsessions & Illusions”, GAZI,
Municipality of Athens, Athens.
- “Expanding the Possibilities”, Hewlett
Packard, GAZI, Municipality of Athens.
- “Red Cross Art Show”, RED CROSS, Athens.
- “Trash Art”, GAZI, Municipality of Athens.
- HEOS GALLERY, Athens.
- THRYALIS GALLERY, Patra.
- “17 Planetary Recipes”, AETHOUSA TECHNIS
- 1997: “Forty Greek Artists Support
The Doctors Without Frontiers” -MELINA MERKURI CULTURAL
- 1996: “Cheap Art Show-96”,
CHEAP ART, Athens.
- 1995: “Cheap Art Show-95”,
CHEAP ART, Athens.
- SOCIETY OF ILLUSTRATORS, New York, USA.
- PARSONS, New York, USA.
- 1981: EGNER ART GALLERY, Ohio, USA.
- OTHER ACTIVITIES & STUDIES
- P. Melissinos has also studied music at the “ODEION ATHENON”
and is the writer of five plays:
- “MAESTRO FARSHAS” A comedy
staged at PARSONS SCHOOL OF DESIGN –1985.
- “PRINCE GLUTONIUS” A comedy
staged at PARSONS SCHOOL OF DESIGN –1986.
- “THE ART DEALER” A comedy staged
at PARSONS SCHOOL OF DESIGN –1987
- “BACCHUS” A comedy staged
in the AMPHI-THEATER OF SETTA, in Central Euboia /summer-
2001 & summer -2002. “BACCHUS” was also performed
in the BLACK BOX THEATER of the AMERICAN COLLEGE OF GREECE
- “THE VAIN CHRISTMAS TREE” A
comedy written for the Christmas activities of The PHILOPROODOS
OMILOS HYMETTOU, Athens, 2002-03
- “DESERT WINE”,
Lyrics: Stavros & Pantelis Melissinos. Music by Pantelis
Melissinos, (1991) “BACCHUS” the music of the
above-mentioned play, (2001).